Though fasting is arguably the most ancient and thermodynamically dependable form of reducing one’s weight, it is among the least healthy of options and rarely (if ever) recommended by physicians, nutritionists, or fitness experts. The reasons are numerous and rather intuitive, beginning with the fact that human organisms (all organisms, for that matter) are dependent upon vital nutrients to subsist in an optimal state of health and functionality.
Vitamins, amino acids, minerals, and certain fats are unequivocally requisite for the maintenance of one’s bodily functions, energy levels, and muscle development. Dieting, in short, is not a zero-sum proposition. One need not house their essential nutrients in sugar and salt-laden cuisine in order to ensure their absorption via the digestive tract. In fact, as it turns out, healthful foods are perfectly suitable for digestion and bodily processing in their respective unadulterated forms.
With that in mind, treat yourself to a mental stroll through the below garden of 25 amazing foods.
Amazing Foods You’ll Want to Remember
1. Cruciferous Vegetables— The closest thing to a miracle food any garden is capable of yielding, cruciferous vegetables are supremely nutrient-dense and possess a host of antioxidant properties.
2. Beets— Feared and abhorred by many a child, beets are rich in vitamin content and offer a blood-purifying service within the organism. Enjoy…or at least endure.
3. Carrots—Turns out the rumors are true, these semi-sweet wonders are terrific for vision…and for skin health…and even assist the digestive process to some degree.
4. Blueberries—This one isn’t a tough sell, as these little nutrition warriors are both flavorful and healthy in the extreme. Antioxidants in abundance which renders them a wonderful proactive measure against certain cancers. Not bad in pie-form, either.
5. Pineapple Juice—Apparently some amongst us are not overly fond of the flavor. Sorry, my friends, this one’s non-optional—the health benefits are simply too good to ignore. Drink up…this moment.
6. Almonds—Purportedly good for brain health, these powerhouses also work to keep hunger pangs at bay while contributing to normal muscle development. A deserving entry in this list of 25 amazing foods.
7. Salmon—Good, dense protein replete with omega-3 fatty acids and excellent flavor. A favorite of athletes and bodybuilders.
8. Apples—The adage speaks for itself, folks; keep the doctor at bay with a solid serving of fiber and antioxidants. Plus, they combine well with…
9. Peanut Butter—Protein-packed and a good source of sustainable energy. Better enjoyed by those with an active lifestyle, as the calories are a bit on the higher end.
10. Tomatoes—Whether sliced or in sauce form, get your lycopene in a flavorful manner.
11. Onions—Even a relatively small serving size will provide the body with a decent cross-section of B vitamins and trace minerals. Avoid the peeling process at all costs.
12. Garlic—Whether or not the vampire species is averse to this little gem, it houses more B vitamin and mineral content than a specimen of its weight class has any right housing. Plus, there might be vampires.
13. Bananas—Potassium, healthy sugars, and terrific flavor. Slice ‘em up and enrich even the least inspired of cereals.
14. Eggs—Easily digested, protein dense, and nature’s perfect amino acid delivery system. A perennial favorite of those for whom muscular development is a way of life.
15. Ginger—A purifying agent and digestive aid, ginger is also said to counteract the effects of motion sickness.
16. Brown rice—Quick to digest, protein dense, and bursting with a respectable panel of vitamins and minerals, brown rice is also a terrific hunger deterrent.
17. Quinoa—An ideal source of sustainable energy and solid nutrition, quinoa is popular in the endurance sport community. Worth a spot in the meal rotation.
18. Cacao—Both turn back the aging clock and keep free radicals in check by enjoying a bit of cacao in dark chocolate form. Tough sell, I suspect.
19. Mackerel—Protein aside, mackerel is also a Vitamin D repository and offers a terrific array of trace minerals such as iron and zinc.
20. Chia Seeds—A trace mineral juggernaut, chia seeds are also energy-packed in the extreme.
21. Legumes—Boasting a favorable complex of protein, vitamins, and carbohydrates, legumes are more or less a complete food source.
22. Spirulina—The mysterious bacterium is infamous for its wide panoply of proteins and minerals. Available in supplement form.
23. Mushrooms—If you can stomach them, great. If not, you’re missing out on a host or medicinal benefits.
24. Wheatgrass—A love/hate food of the highest order. The health benefits are undeniable; the taste intolerable. Likely the least welcome on this list of 25 amazing foods. Make the effort…
25. Strawberries—What a strong finish. Do you need to be sold on these tasty and vitamin-rich little treats? I could always refer you back to #24
What foods do you consider among the most amazing? We’d love to hear from you!
Leave a Reply