Raise your hand if you have ever wanted to start a new diet and exercise routine to lose weight. At some point in everyone’s lives there is a moment, or multiple moments, when we would like to look and feel skinnier and healthier. In those moments many people flock to fad or crash diets, trendy workouts that they commit to for about a month or so and expensive gym memberships that go unused. Many people who have struggled with their weight are constantly on the lookout for new programs, products and services that will help them achieve their goal weight. Many of these individuals will successfully shed the weight through reduced calorie intake, but will eventually end up gaining the weight back. That is because most diets help you quickly shed water weight and bloat, but not actual fat.
The human body is comprised of three different types of fat – structural, normal and excess fat. Structural fat is necessary in order to support your internal organs and normal fat is what your body stores and uses as reserve fuel, this is what will help keep you alive if you were in a situation without food or water for an extended period of time. Excess fat is the unwanted and dangerous fat that we all would love to get rid of. When an overweight individual begins dieting by reducing calorie intake, they will first burn through their normal reserve fat cells because the body will see the lack of calories as famine. Then they will burn through the structural fat cells and finally the excess abnormal fat. Structural and normal fat are necessary for a healthy body, which makes this form of dieting dangerous and unsuccessful.
Crash dieting and reducing calorie intake will cause people to feel tired and hungry, and they typically won’t lose weight in their desired target areas. Many people will give up on these diets and end up gaining the weight they lost, and maybe even some more. This is why we created our weight loss program, we wanted to provide our patients with a well-designed, structured, safe and effective program that sets us apart from every other diet and weight loss program in the industry.
We have designed our program to target abnormal fat reserves while also giving your body the vitamins and nutrients that you need to thrive. This allows you to shed weight rapidly while adhering to a low-calorie diet without feeling hungry. As the fat cells begin to breakdown and enter your bloodstream you will still receive proper nutrition while losing weight, and your metabolism will be reprogrammed to work more efficiently.
Through our weight loss program, we encourage our patients to moderately exercise, but not overdo it. When you work out your body requires carbohydrates for more energy, and if you give in to these cravings you will be working against yourself. If you engage in strenuous activity without increasing your calorie intake you are also putting yourself at risk for increased fatigue and stress.
In addition to adhering to a structured weight loss program, there are a few lifestyle changes you can make that will bolster your efforts and help you continue to maintain weight loss once you complete the program:
- Eat at home. It’s way easier to pick up a to-go order than cook at home, but if you cut down on eating out to just once a week you will look and feel better almost immediately.
- Take the stairs. Movement burns calories, which means that simple lifestyle tweaks like taking the stairs instead of the elevator can help you burn a few extra calories without engaging in strenuous exercise programs.
- Quit smoking. Once you kick this bad habit you will not only feel better, but it will be easier to make additional healthy lifestyle choices.
- Purge the pantry. Out of sight, out of mind! If you don’t have junk food at home, then you are more likely to reach for healthy, low calorie snacks.
- Indulge in veggies. It’s no secret that vegetables are stocked with vitamins and nutrients that are essential to our well-being. Fill your fridge with colorful fruits and veggies that are low in calorie and make the perfect snack.
- No late night snacking. You should eat your final meal of the day by 7 pm, and skip any treats or snacks for the remainder of the night.
- Save room for desert. While it’s important to make healthy decisions the majority of the time, it’s also important to have balance and indulge every now and then. By choosing healthy snacks during the day, you can reward yourself with a glass of wine or a piece of chocolate at the end of the day.
Our weight loss program has shown incredible results for our patients, and we have designed it so that you not only lose the weight and reach your goals, but so you can keep it off in the long term. There is no better time to start a new program than now, especially with the new year just around the corner. Our expert team is here to help you every step of the way, so contact us to learn more about our weight loss program and to kick start your journey to a healthier you!