These United States appear to be characterized, at least to a certain degree, by a peculiar duality, with one swath of the population being comprised of fitness enthusiasts, and the other consisting of friends and relatives who begrudgingly tolerate their more health-conscious counterparts. The former category, though the smaller of the two, amounts to something of a vocal minority—relentlessly going on about their latest exercise regimen, dieting experiment, amateur competition, or food-energy theory. In dealing with such souls, one might feel like the captive audience of a vegan crossed with a door-to-door financial planning “adviser.”
But, placing aside the preachiness which characterizes even the more modest of gymnasium proselytizers, these overachieving calorie zealots are still deserving of consideration during holidays and other such special occasions. And, while the religion of figure-maintenance to which so very many of these types subscribe might seemingly provide a clear guide as to what gifts might be well received, one might do well to consider the top 10 gift ideas for the healthy nut in your life.
To be sure, thoughtful gift-giving requires more than a mere catalog of in-home weightlifting equipment and a supplement guide. Knowledge of your particular physique-focused friend/family member’s exercise preferences and fitness goals will go a long way towards ensuring one’s gift is well-received and readily utilized.
Acquiring such knowledge needn’t draw heavily upon one’s poorly-developed detective skills; rather, a bit of simple observation will suffice where determining which of the top 10 gift ideas for the healthy nut in your life is concerned.
Top 10 Ideas Gift Ideas for the Healthy Nut in Your Life
- Cookbooks—Popular recipes materialize, and popular recipes fade away. Keep your health aficionado in culinary vogue with nutritionally-focused cooking guides…ideally in hard copy.
- Health Food Vouchers—Smoothie shops, organic markets, and healthy restaurants often sell gift cards. Invariably a safe bet for any last minute gift purchasing.
- Fitness Media—Gymnasiums, training studios, and fitness clubs remain popular for those whose schedules allow for such a luxury. However, for many others, in-home training is a necessary alternative. Make certain to outfit your physique-minded friends and loved ones with DVD footage of professionally-led exercise regimens.
- Exercise Apparel—Clothing deteriorates, particularly when subjected to hours upon hours of intensive training. Also, styles change, and often. Of the top 10 gift ideas for the healthy nut in your life, apparel is particularly sensible.
- Durable Gadgetry—Heart-rate monitors and pedometers are increasingly essential to even the most minimal of physical training routines. These are fairly affordable and see technological improvements with each passing year.
- Tea Set—The list needed an outlier, and this is it. Tea is celebrated for its medicinal and healing properties, and is a cornerstone of many a nutritionally-minded soul’s diet.
- Vegetable Co-Op—Organic, locally-grown produce is readily available via farming cooperatives in many areas both rural and urban. Signing up a friend takes remarkably little effort.
- Yoga Materials—Mats, DVDs, balls, stretching aids, and so on—yoga studios generally provide such things. However, for the at-home enthusiast, such items will enrich the experience greatly.
- Socks—An often overlooked item where quality of purchase is concerned, well-made socks are immediately recognizable to (and invariably appreciated by) athletes of all sorts.
- Juicer—Yes, a juicer. Empower your athletically-inclined associates with the capacity to produce their own rejuvenating beverages. They’ll welcome the in-home convenience and the cost-effective alternative.
Shopping for a healthy nut is not so difficult a task as it might, at first, seem. Many of the above listed suggestions are rather intuitive, and innumerable variations of each are readily for purchase. Observe those immersed in the culture and take cues accordingly; the gift ideas will manifest in short order. The gift card and co-op ideas are certain to please, while the others likely belong somewhere in your fitness enthusiast’s exercise arsenal.
Under ideal circumstances, these shopping suggestions will influence the shoppers themselves; after all, one needn’t be a “nut” to embrace an active and nutrition-conscious lifestyle. But this article was authored in the spirit of giving. So, in said spirit, gift thoughtfully.
Leave a Reply